Followers

Monday 15 March 2010

Challenge No.6

Wow, the fortnight's are just whizzing by, don't you think.  It seems that Paper Piecing was not so popular?  That's a shame, maybe if we can put together our own step-by step instructions specifically using digi images, would that help?  I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again and the entries we had were all wonderful.

I'll be announcing the winner together with our top three and the candy winner later on today.  In the meantime, I'd like to say a big thankyou once again to our sponsors, The Stamping Boutique.

Now onto this challenge.  We have a wonderful sponsor this week, which is

The theme of our challenge is simply 'Happy Birthday' and the prize from Praire Fairy is your choice of 3 digi stamps.  Here's what Roberta had to say about herself and Praire Fairy, when we asked....


Hello! I am Roberta from Prairie Fairy Designs. I am a new digital stamp company featuring artwork not only created by me but also my two kids, ages 8 and 11. They are featured on the site as the Fairy Princess and the Prairie Prince.

I have been an artist for as long as I can remember and have always loved to create.  Two years ago my sister-in-law invited me to a rubber stamp party. I laughed and said "Maybe I will buy something if I can use it to stamp on canvases.". Needless to say, I was hooked! Two years later and a lot of learning about computers, I have finally accomplished my goal. 

While digital stamping is relatively new in the papercrafting scene, it is what I believe to be such an amazing tool. Printed images have such clarity and vibrancy and gone is the need to re stamp an image because you didn't press hard enough or maybe you pressed too hard! They are also a lot easier to store and they can be reprinted over and over again. The fact that you can rotate and flip files, print them off the size of a postage stamp or as large as a scrapbook page makes them such a versatile medium. It is my sincere hope that I can help anyone who has hesitations about using digital images to embrace these amazing creative tools. If you have any questions about going digital, check out the site and the blog for more information. So head on over to http://www.prairiefairydesigns.com/ and check it out!

Here are some ideas to inspire you...














So there you have them, our wonderful DT efforts.  The challenge is open until midnight GMT on the 28th March 2010 and the rules are

1. The card must be for a man/boy.
2. You need to follow the theme/sketch that is set.

3. It must be a new card.

Leave your name and a direct link to your entry (not just to your blog) in Mr Linky below.  If Mr Linky is not there for some reason then leave the details in the comments and I'll add you in when I'm doing the draw.



19 comments:

  1. What terrific cards from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girls your cards are fabulous, and so bright and cheerful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The example cards are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great examples! I've uploaded my simple birthday card...
    --Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sample cards - really inspirational.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great great cards, I am just about to add myself to Mr Linky with a link to my card for my first challenge with Cards for Men, it was great, so thank for the challenge, I normally hate making cards for men/boys but this has been so much fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just linked my card, it is for my husband's birthday (today)....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a great time making this birthday card. I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting a Challenge Blog just for men!..I love it going to become a follower and join in the fun...gorgalicious cards!..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didnt think to say in the mr linky.. but it is the sencond card on the post for this challenge.. not the first one that is so girly.. :) hehehe

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Found your blog last week, love the idea, great DT samples and thought i'd join in with the challenge, always need more cards for men.

    Unfortunately I misread the challenge and thought it was paper pieRcing! (don't have tools for that so gave it a miss).

    Don't worry, I've double checked this week and know i'm making a happy bidet card.. he he!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little card is just right for slipping a gift card into for my son's 41st.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the cards. What great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards from the DT once again :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cards are so inspiring! Beautifully done too. Another great DT effort!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love a digital tutorial for paper piecing -- I'm a new card maker so I love learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards from the Dt they make it look so simple to make a male card.
    Thanks for the challenge
    Cristine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, hope I've made it in time for the challenge:)

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't see any link, will put my link here. super cards dt. janex
    here is my card

    ReplyDelete